Internet for the way you live, work, and play
- Strong Wi-Fi® in your entire home1
- Consistently fast speed, even at peak times.2
- Over 99% proven reliability3
- Delivers 80% more bandwidth than cable4
1Whole home Wi-Fi connectivity may require AT&T Smart Wi-Fi Extender(s) sold separately. 2Based on wired connection to gateway. 3Based on network availability. 4Based on combined upload and download capacity versus major cable providers: Xfinity, Spectrum & Cox 1GIG cable service with uploads of 35mbps.
Frequently asked questions
- What is fiber optic Internet?Fiber optic internet is a technology that allows for faster, more reliable internet than more traditional internet services. Fiber Optic networks transmit information by sending light across glass, while traditional internet works by sending electricity over copper wires.
- How does fiber internet differ from copper internet?Since light on glass can transmit more information more quickly than electricity on wire, fiber optic internet services tend to be faster than more traditional internet services. Additionally, traditional internet infrastructure is often shared between multiple houses, which means that your neighbors’ usage can sometimes impact your own internet performance. Fiber optic internet will perform the same no matter what usage rates are in your area.
- What is 1 gigabit internet?Internet speed is measured by the amount of data that can be transmitted over time, typically in megabits or gigabits (1000 megabits) per second. A 1 gigabit per second connection provides enough speed to stream HD video on 10+ devices or 4K video on 3 devices at the same time.